Sunday 17 February 2013

My head's MELTED....

The last time we all got together we decided that the next theme we should tackle is "surfaces".
With this in mind we arranged a days messy play at Hillsborough. Yvonne Williams guided us carefully through  the skills of heat distressing textiles  and  provided play packs of generously sized samples of  various commercially available "melty" fabrics- all great fun!

My thanks to Yvonne, and to Olive, whose photos have proved much less wobbly than mine!




this is Alma- hard at work





I haven't been able to find out what Christine found so shocking





Carol concentrating





This is the most fun I have EVER had in a Gym hall... 






These are a few examples of the work we produced.. not finished pieces yet but they all show promise.









Olive, who has always loved slashing and burning things, found time to make these a few days later.
I really like them...



No comments: